Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pyramid Catering's Open House

I had the pleasure of attending Pyramid Catering's tasting at the Knights of Columbus Building in Seattle with my assistant Emily M, and let me just say Ben knows what he's doing with food. I have been to a LOT of tastings and this one was by far one of the best. It had great ambiance, the building and room are both beautiful, a hosted bar, great flowers by LaVasser Florists, Abbey Party Rents provided rentals, and they always have great stuff. It was extremely fun getting to know the other vendors, I had not met Joanne at LaVasser before and she was really nice! We looked at eachothers portfolios, talked shop, and I honestly hope to work with her in the future. I actually met Emily and her crew from Abbey Rents in person, which was amazing since I have talked to her on the phone and through email countless times. It was pretty amazing we had 3 Emilys, I have never been in the same room with so many Emilys!

Everything was tasty, but here are my absolute to die for favorites of the evening:

Ahi Spoon Seared Ahi Tuna served on tropical fruit salsa with wasabi drizzle~ this was SO good, served  in my favorite asian soup spoons, I sucked down 3, you have to try this, it's delicious!

Spanikopita Phyllo stuffed with spinach, feta and fresh oregano~ these were so good, crispy, flaky, flavorful.

Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms with fresh herbs, spinach, and asiago cheese~ these were the best stuffed mushrooms I have EVER had, and my brother Aaron makes some mean stuffed mushrooms (sorry Aaron Ben is giving you a run for your money).

Smoked Salmon Bottoms salmon mousse, capers, lemon zest, and red onions stuffed into a grilled artichoke bottom~ I must say I was not 100% on trying this, but I am so glad I did, it was great, sounds like an odd combo, but it goes great together!

Ben's presentation was amazing, the hot food was hot, the cold food stayed cold, everything was flavorful and cooked to perfection. He did an amazing job!

No comments:

Post a Comment